You know what is expensive? Fresh pressed juice. You know what is even more expensive? Purchasing a good juicer. Juice bars charge anywhere from $6.99 – 8.99 for 16 oz of fresh pressed juice, and a good juicer can run anywhere from $150- $500. If you don’t have that type of dough (or counter space for that matter) but would love to incorporate more fresh juices into your diet, we have good news for you. You can enjoy all of the tasty and healthy benefits of fresh juice in your home while saving big bucks. All you need is a high speed blender and a Nutiana Nut Milk Bag.
Want to give it a whirl? Here is our favorite green juice recipe, which not only is a great liver and blood detoxifier, digestive aid, and energy booster, but tastes great too!
- 2 green apples, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lemon, peeled and seeded
- 1-2 cucumbers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 6 stalks of green kale
- ½ inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ - 1 cup water
- Blend apples, lemon and cucumber in your blender with ½ cup of water until smooth. You may need to stop the blender and add more water.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Working in batches, strain by placing your nut milk bag over a large bowl or pitcher and pour the mixture into your nut milk bag. Batch size will depend on the size of your hands. We recommend starting out with about 2 cups.
- Gather the top of the nut milk bag with one hand while you wring and squeeze with the other until the juice stream stops.
- Enjoy right away, or store sealed in the refrigerator up to 48 hours.
- If you don't have a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix, you might want to blend your veggies in small batches with higher amounts of water.
- If you have small hands, it will be easier to strain your juice in smaller batches.
- Don't toss your pulp! Save it for blended soups, smoothies, dehydrated cracker recipes or compost.